Posted Date: March 2nd, 2017
The coding specialist abstracts and enters charges for provider services that may occur in the hospital inpatient/outpatient, ambulatory surgery, or other PNHS outpatient facilities. Assigns appropriate CPT codes, ICD-10 codes, modifiers, fee’s and other third party payer regulations in accordance with all associated contracts in an accurate and timely manner to ensure appropriate reimbursement. Completes retrospective chart documentation audits relative to denied claims, provider request and patient complaints.
• Coding degree or equivalent education and experience preferred.
• CCS, CPC, or RHIT preferred.
• Previous experience using computers, Microsoft Office applications, medical records content, and medical record completion requirements preferred.
• Ability to discern the nature of the procedure and the method performed from reading physician’s documentation including operative reports, progress notes, discharge reports, and pathological reports.
• Must have some knowledge of payer regulations and how to apply.
• Must be extremely detail oriented and able to work independently.
• Strong decision making and problems solving skills are required.
• Good communication skills also required.
Union Name: Non-Union (100)
Job Code: P5GA
Department: Patient Financial Services
Job Number: 43840
Status: Full Time
Work Schedule: 40 hours a week
Site: TRIA Physical Therapy and Ed Center
Hours/Pay Period: 80
Benefit Eligible: Yes