Graduate Student and Post-Professional
If you are a medical professional or a graduate student required to complete observation hours as part of your course work, please contact our observation program at email@example.com or (952) 806-5603 to speak with one of our education coordinators.
A Day in the Life of an Orthopaedic Specialist
This classroom course is a prerequisite to scheduling an observation at TRIA. It will provide you with information about all the specialties listed below. We will also touch on other topics, including schooling/program requirements, getting into practice/the work force, and what a typical day is like for an orthopaedic specialist. During the TRIA experience, you will hear about our philosophy on patient centered care, learn about a few of our unique programs, and view a previously recorded ACL reconstruction. Our education coordinator will work with you to schedule ONE four hour observation to occur within 60 days of the program.
- Gain a general introduction to TRIA Orthopaedic Center and the orthopaedic profession.
- Become acquainted with the specific roles of different orthopaedic specialists, allowing for future opportunities to directly observe a specialist in a clinical or ambulatory environment.
- Obtain a clear understanding of the requirements and education needed to pursue a career in various orthopaedic careers.
- Introduction to available resources and how to utilize them.
Primary areas of focus include
- Physical Therapy
- Physician Assistant
- Orthopaedic Surgeon
- Medical School, Residency, Fellowship
- Surgical Observation
Additionally, we may touch on the following topics
- Athletic Training
- Occupational Therapy
- Radiation Technician
- Surgical Technician
*Topics are subject to change
Observation After the Program
After attending this course, you will be allowed ONE four hour observation in an orthopaedic specialty of your choice. The observation must be completed within 60 days of the program you attend. On the day of the program you attend, you will be required to provide two dates you are available to observe. An education coordinator from TRIA will contact you to confirm your observation within two weeks of the program’s completion.
There is no charge to attend this course.
Please click on most recent date to view course agenda (when available).
- May 19, 2015
- August 11, 2015
- October 13, 2015
- You must be 16 or older.
- You must attend this program before you can observe at TRIA.
On the day of the course
Please bring the following things with you:
- Two dates you are available to observe.
- The orthopaedic area in which you would like to observe.
- A record of your immunizations.