Graduate Student and Post-Professional
If you are a medical professional or a graduate student required to complete observation hours as part of your course work, contact our observation program at firstname.lastname@example.org or 952-806-5603 to speak with one of our education coordinators.
At this time, TRIA does not offer any multiple day/week/month internship opportunities.
A Day in the Life of an Orthopedic Specialist
This classroom course is a prerequisite to scheduling an observation at TRIA. It will provide you with information about all the specialties listed below. We will also touch on other topics, including schooling/program requirements, getting into practice/the work force, and what a typical day is like for an orthopedic specialist. During the TRIA experience, you will hear about our philosophy on patient centered care, learn about a few of our unique programs, and view a previously recorded ACL reconstruction. Our education coordinator will work with you to schedule ONE four hour observation to occur within 60 days of the program.
- Gain a general introduction to TRIA and the orthopedic profession.
- Become acquainted with the specific roles of different orthopedic specialists, allowing for future opportunities to directly observe a specialist in a clinical or ambulatory environment.
- Obtain a clear understanding of the requirements and education needed to pursue a career in various orthopedic careers.
- Introduction to available resources and how to utilize them.
Primary areas of focus include
- Physical Therapy
- Physician Assistant
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Medical School, Residency, Fellowship
- Surgical Observation
Additionally, we may touch on the following topics
- Athletic Training
- Occupational Therapy
- Radiologic Technologists
- Surgical Technician
*Topics are subject to change
Observation After the Program
After attending this course, you will be allowed ONE four hour observation in an orthopedic specialty of your choice. The observation must be completed within 60 days of the program you attend. On the day of the program you attend, you will be required to provide two dates you are available to observe. An education coordinator from TRIA will contact you to confirm your observation within two weeks of the program’s completion.
There is no charge to attend this course.
Please click on most recent date to view course agenda (when available).
- May 22, 2018 – Registration Closed – Course is Full
- July 17, 2018 – Registration Closed – Course is Full
- October 16, 2018
- You must be 16 or older.
- You must attend this program before you can observe at TRIA.
On the day of the course
Please bring the following things with you:
- Two dates you are available to observe.
- The orthopedic area in which you would like to observe.
- A record of your immunizations (that we can have).