Der-Chen Huang, MD
Orthopedic Surgery/Adult Reconstruction Fellowship
I chose to become a physician because I wanted to help people and make a difference in their lives. I enjoy being an orthopedic surgeon because it gives me the opportunity to restore my patients' health and help them get back to their lives and being active again. The focus of my practice is on hip, knee and shoulder replacements and revision surgeries. I take a personal approach with my patients and treat them like family - taking as much time as needed to answer their questions and address all their concerns, even if it involves a second visit. I feel that a good physician/patient relationship is important for creating the best outcome.
- Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN
- Adult Reconstruction of the Hip, Knee and Shoulder, Joint Replacement Institute at St. Vincent Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA
- Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, NH
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Minnesota Orthopaedic Society
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Minnesota Medical Association
- I have two small children and when I'm not working, I enjoy spending my free time with family. I like camping, hiking and just being outdoors.