Gavin Pittman, MD
Orthopedic Surgery/Adult Reconstruction Fellowship
I specialize in arthritic conditions that affect hips and knees.In 2005, I completed an adult reconstruction fellowship, and I've had significant clinical experience in a variety of hip and knee procedures, including partial and total knee replacements, hip arthroplasty through direct anterior and posterior approaches, and revision hip and knee replacements for failed total joints. I use minimally invasive techniques, patient-specific implants and computer-assisted navigation when appropriate. In addition to treating patients, I have performed research that has been published in major orthopedic journals, and I have written book chapters on techniques in revision total knee replacement. I also have given lectures, both locally and nationally, on several adult reconstruction topics.
- Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Utah Orthopaedic Center, Salt Lake City, UT
- Orthopaedic Surgery-Adult Reconstruction, Carolinas Medical Center Program Carolinas HealthCare System, Charlotte, NC
- University of Wisconsin School of Medicine & Public Health, Madison, WI
- Surgery Internship, University of Utah Medical Center, Salt Lake City, UT
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Minnesota Monthly Magazine "Best Doctors" (2017)
- When I'm not working, I enjoy spending time with my family and outdoor activities, including running, biking, skiing and snowboarding.