Heather Bergeson, MD, CAQ
Primary Care Sports Medicine & Pediatrics Physician
Bloomington - TRIA
As a sports medicine physician, I enjoy caring for musculoskeletal issues in patients of all ages. As an experienced pediatrician in our community, I have a special interest in the young athlete and strive to promote health and physical fitness at an early age. I believe in health at every size and my goal is to keep my patients active and healthy throughout their lives. Clinical interests include osteochondritis dissecans, spondylolysis, growth plate fractures, overuse injuries, and female athletes.
- University of Minnesota, Pediatrics 2002, Chief Resident 2002-2003
- Primary Care Sports Medicine, Hennepin County Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN 2011
- University of Kansas Medical Center 1999
- American Board of Pediatrics
- Fellow American Academy of Pediatrics
- Certificate of Added Qualifications: Sports Medicine
- Adjunct Assistant Professor, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Minnesota
- Medical Director, TRIA Pediatric Orthopedic Program
- Team Physician University of Minnesota Women's Hockey
- American Medical Society for Sports Medicine
- American College of Sports Medicine
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Board Member, Arthritis Foundation Upper Midwest Region
- Board Member, Positive Coaching Alliance
- Member, Minnesota Injury Prevention Coalition
Honors & Awards
- Minnesota Monthly Magazine "Best Doctors for Women" (2014, 2015)
- Minnesota Monthly Magazine "Top Doctors" (2016-2018)
- My favorite activities are Nordic and alpine skiing, yoga, running, and cycling - especially when my husband and two kids are with me.
Share your experience, provide feedback, positive or negative, on the service you received.