Jonathan Cooper, DO
Orthopedic Surgery/Sports Medicine Fellowship
I pursued orthopedic surgery/sports medicine to help people maintain the active lifestyle they desire. After completing my residency, I furthered my sports medicine training as the team physicians for the Vikings, Wild, Twins, Timberwolves, Lynx and Swarm. As a former collegiate runner and now a recreational runner, I know how an active lifestyle can enhance one's quality of life. Whether an injury was sustained on the field or in everyday life, my goal is to help return patients to their individual activity level through a patient-focused approach using surgical and non-surgical options. My surgical practice is centered on arthoscopy with special interests including knee ligament reconstruction, tendon injury, cartilage injury, shoulder instability, rotator cuff tears and hip arthroscopy.
- Orthopaedic Surgery, Genesys Regional Medical Center, Grand Blanc, MI
- Orthopaedic Surgery, TRIA Orthopaedic Center, Bloomington, MN
- Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine, Kirksville, MO
- Orthopaedic Surgery Internship, Genesys Regional Medical Center, Grand Blanc, MI
- American Osteopathic Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics
- American Osteopathic Association
- Personally, I enjoy being out on the lake, whether that be fishing or just enjoying a Minnesota summer day with my wife and daughter.