Matthew Hofkens, DO
Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
I am a physiatrist: a physician who specializes in physical medicine and rehabilitation with a diverse training background that enables me to treat a variety of patients. My focus is non-operative care of musculoskeletal injuries and the non-musculoskeletal aspects of sports medicine, including return-to-play decisions, concussions, nutrition and injury prevention. I enjoy initiating (and maintaining) an exercise and rehabilitation program for patients, from the elite athlete to the novice weekend warrior. I use musculoskeletal ultrasound in a variety of clinical applications (guided injections, evaluation of shoulder disorders, and evaluation of overuse and tendon injuries). I am a Certified ImPACT Consultant (CIC) and serve as the team physician for Spring Lake Park High School.
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, University of Minnesota Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN
- Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine, Kirksville, MO
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Internship, Veterans Medical Center
- American Board of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- TPI Level 1 Certification
- Team Physician for Spring Lake Park High School
- Previous Team Physician for Woodbury High School
- Previous Team Physician for Highland Park High School
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- American Medical Society for Sports Medicine
- American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine
- I played college basketball and football, and when I'm not working I still enjoy a variety of sports, including golfing, running, biking, boating and skiing. My wife and I are active in the local community and enjoy spending time raising service dogs for patients with disabilities.