Shane Gustafson, DO, CAQ
Family Practice/Primary Care Sports Medicine Fellowship
I've always been interested in sports; from participation in various activities and sporting endeavors, to obtaining a degree in Exercise Science and trying to "Practice What I Preach". My interest in Sports Medicine is all encompassing, involving any/all musculoskeletal issues for all ages. I've always pursued an interest in low back pain and spine care, and have experience with fluoroscopic injections for spine and hip pain, as well as use of musculoskeletal ultrasound for diagnostic and interventional purposes. I have past experiences working with professional, collegiate, and high school athletic teams. I also strive to make sure my patients understand their musculoskeletal issues so they can take an active role in their own treatment and care.
- Primary Care-Family Practice, Grant Medical Center, Columbus, OH
- Primary Care Sports Medicine, Grant Medical Center, Columbus, OH
- Bachelor of Science in Exercise Science, North Dakota State University, Fargo, ND
- Doctor of Osteopathy: Des Moines University-Osteopathic Medical Center, Des Moines, IA
- Board Certification Family Practice
- Certificate of Added Qualification Primary Care Sports Medicine
- American Medical Society for Sports Medicine
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- American Osteopathic Association
- I enjoy sports and fitness, trying to keep in shape and maintain any semblance of a jump shot that might occasionally go in. If there is any spare time to be had, we really enjoy lake time on the boat or a beach with an ocean breeze.