TRIA L.E.A.P.® (Lower Extremity Agility Program) at TRIA (Bloomington) is a six week training program designed to teach athletes to control their lower extremities using proper technique and form while performing high level activities after sustaining an injury.
A Return to Sport Program
Following a lower extremity injury or surgery, athletes can decrease their risk of re-injury when they return to sports activities by re-training the muscles and nervous system on how to react and move properly. In a small group setting, a physical therapist and certified athletic trainer work with the athlete to assure proper technique while they are taken through a high level program focused on agility, strength, and stabilization.
Learn more about TRIA L.E.A.P. from physical therapist Eric Paur, PT, DPT, SCS, ATC.
TRIA L.E.A.P. Components
- Education of proper technique
- Strength and stability
- Jumping and landing techniques
- Plyometric drills
- Pre- and post-testing
Benefits of TRIA L.E.A.P.
- One physical therapists and one certified athletic trainer will lead each session to ensure patients are biomechanically performing the exercises correctly.
- Small class sizes allow the physical therapist and athletic trainer to have a more individualized assessment of the patients through each session.
What is Required to Participate?
- The athlete needs to be at least five months post-surgery and cleared by their physician.
- An evaluation which includes a functional test by a physical therapist or a certified athletic trainer must be performed prior to starting the program to assess whether the athlete is ready to start TRIA L.E.A.P.
The cost of the six week program is $300.
Space is limited. Sign up now!
2017 TRIA L.E.A.P. Schedule
|January 4 – February 13||Monday/Wednesday||5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.|
|January 26 – March 7||Tuesday/Thursday||5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.|
|February 22 – April 3||Monday/Wednesday||5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.|
|March 16 – April 25||Tuesday/Thursday||5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.|
|April 12 – May 22||Monday/Wednesday||5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.|
|May 4 – June 13||Tuesday/Thursday||5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.|
|May 31 – July 12 (Skip July 3rd – Independence Day)||Monday/Wednesday||5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.|
|June 22 – August 3 (Skip July 4th – Independence Day)||Tuesday/Thursday||5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.|
|July 19 – August 28||Monday/Wednesday||5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.|
|August 10 – September 19||Tuesday/Thursday||5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.|
|September 6 – October 16||Monday/Wednesday||5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.|
|September 28 – November 7||Tuesday/Thursday||5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.|
|October 25 – December 4||Monday/Wednesday||5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.|
|November 9 – December 21 (Skip November 23 – Thanksgiving Day)||Tuesday/Thursday||5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.|
For more information or to schedule your TRIA L.E.A.P. appointment, call 952-977-0421
TRIA L.E.A.P In The News
Recently three therapists who are part of LEAP published a paper looking at hop test improvements following completion of the program – the paper can be found here.