TRIA L.E.A.P.® (Lower Extremity Agility Program) at TRIA is a six week training program designed to teach athletes to control their lower extremities using proper technique and form while performing high level activities after sustaining an injury.
A Return to Sport Program
Following a lower extremity injury or surgery, athletes can decrease their risk of re-injury when they return to sports activities by re-training the muscles and nervous system on how to react and move properly. In a small group setting, a physical therapist and certified athletic trainer work with the athlete to assure proper technique while they are taken through a high level program focused on agility, strength, and stabilization.
Learn more about TRIA L.E.A.P. from physical therapist Eric Paur, PT, DPT, SCS, ATC.
TRIA L.E.A.P. Components
- Education of proper technique
- Strength and stability
- Jumping and landing techniques
- Plyometric drills
- Pre- and post-testing
Benefits of TRIA L.E.A.P.
- One physical therapists and one certified athletic trainer will lead each session to ensure patients are biomechanically performing the exercises correctly.
- Small class sizes allow the physical therapist and athletic trainer to have a more individualized assessment of the patients through each session.
What is Required to Participate?
- The athlete needs to be at least six months post-surgery and cleared by their physician.
- An evaluation which includes a functional test by a physical therapist or a certified athletic trainer must be performed at TRIA Physical Therapy prior to starting the program to assess whether the athlete is ready to start TRIA L.E.A.P.
The cost of the six week program is $300.
Space is limited. Sign up now!
2017 TRIA L.E.A.P. Schedule
|January 4 – February 13||Monday/Wednesday||5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.|
|January 26 – March 7||Tuesday/Thursday||5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.|
|February 22 – April 3||Monday/Wednesday||5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.|
|March 16 – April 25||Tuesday/Thursday||5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.|
|April 12 – May 22||Monday/Wednesday||5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.|
|May 4 – June 13||Tuesday/Thursday||5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.|
|May 31 – July 12 (Skip July 3rd – Independence Day)||Monday/Wednesday||5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.|
|June 22 – August 3 (Skip July 4th – Independence Day)||Tuesday/Thursday||5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.|
|July 19 – August 28||Monday/Wednesday||5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.|
|August 10 – September 19||Tuesday/Thursday||5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.|
|September 6 – October 16||Monday/Wednesday||5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.|
|September 28 – November 7||Tuesday/Thursday||5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.|
|October 25 – December 4||Monday/Wednesday||5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.|
|November 9 – December 21 (Skip November 23 – Thanksgiving Day)||Tuesday/Thursday||5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.|
For more information or to schedule your TRIA L.E.A.P. appointment, call 952-977-0421
TRIA L.E.A.P In The News
Recently three therapists who are part of LEAP published a paper looking at hop test improvements following completion of the program – the paper can be found here.