TRIA L.E.A.P.® (Lower Extremity Agility Program) at TRIA is a six week training program designed to teach athletes to control their lower extremities using proper technique and form while performing high level activities after sustaining an injury.
A Return to Sport Program
Following a lower extremity injury or surgery, athletes can decrease their risk of re-injury when they return to sports activities by re-training the muscles and nervous system on how to react and move properly. In a small group setting, a physical therapist and certified athletic trainer work with the athlete to assure proper technique while they are taken through a high level program focused on agility, strength, and stabilization.
Learn more about TRIA L.E.A.P. from physical therapist Eric Paur, PT, DPT, SCS, ATC.
TRIA L.E.A.P. Components
- Education of proper technique
- Strength and stability
- Jumping and landing techniques
- Plyometric drills
- Pre- and post-testing
Benefits of TRIA L.E.A.P.
- One physical therapists and one certified athletic trainer will lead each session to ensure patients are biomechanically performing the exercises correctly.
- Small class sizes allow the physical therapist and athletic trainer to have a more individualized assessment of the patients through each session.
What is Required to Participate?
- The athlete needs to be at least six months post-surgery and cleared by their physician.
- An evaluation which includes a functional test by a physical therapist or a certified athletic trainer must be performed at TRIA Physical Therapy prior to starting the program to assess whether the athlete is ready to start TRIA L.E.A.P.
The cost of the six week program is $300.
Space is limited. Sign up now!
2018 TRIA L.E.A.P. Schedule
|January 3 – February 12||Monday/Wednesday||5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.|
|January 18 – February 27||Tuesday/Thursday||5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.|
|February 21– April 2||Monday/Wednesday||5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.|
|March 8 – April 17||Tuesday/Thursday||5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.|
|April 11 – May 21||Monday/Wednesday||5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.|
|April 26 – June 5||Tuesday/Thursday||5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.|
|May 30 – July 11 (Skip July 4)||Monday/Wednesday||5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.|
|June 14 – July 24||Tuesday/Thursday||5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.|
|July 18 – August 27||Monday/Wednesday||5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.|
|August 2 – September 11||Tuesday/Thursday||5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.|
|September 5 – October 15||Monday/Wednesday||5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.|
|September 20 – October 30||Tuesday/Thursday||5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.|
|October 24 – December 3||Monday/Wednesday||5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.|
|November 8 – December 20 (Skip November 22)||Tuesday/Thursday||5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.|
|January 4 – February 13||Tuesday/Thursday||5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.|
|February 22 – April 3||Tuesday/Thursday||5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.|
|April 12 – May 22||Tuesday/Thursday||5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.|
|May 31 – July 10||Tuesday/Thursday||5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.|
|July 19 – August 28||Tuesday/Thursday||5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.|
|September 6 – October 16||Tuesday/Thursday||5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.|
|October 25 – December 6 (Skip November 22)||Tuesday/Thursday||5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.|
For more information or to schedule your TRIA L.E.A.P. appointment call 952-977-0421 (Bloomington) or 952-977-4451 (Woodbury).
TRIA L.E.A.P In The News
Recently three therapists who are part of LEAP published a paper looking at hop test improvements following completion of the program – the paper can be found here.