The Athletic Training Room at TRIA offers orthopedic evaluation and screening for the active population. Patients may be seen for injuries obtained as a result of their participation in sports or activities who do not have access to an Athletic Trainer. TRIA Athletic Trainers will perform an evaluation, assess the injury and coordinate a care plan including patient education along with home exercises and treatment protocols. Patients that require additional care will be referred to the appropriate physician or physical therapist.
A Certified Athletic Trainer (ATC) is a health care professional who collaborates with physicians to provide preventative services, emergency care, clinical diagnosis, therapeutic intervention and rehabilitation of injuries and medical conditions. TRIA Athletic Trainers are BOC certified and registered with the Minnesota Board of Medical Practice. Click here for more information about Athletic Training.
Schedule an appointment
For more information or to schedule an appointment all 952-993-9501. Same day appointments are available.
All minors under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian to complete a consent for treatment.
- Injury Evaluation, Treatment and Prevention – $10
- Orthopedic injury evaluation
- Home treatment and exercise programs
- Patient education including injury prevention
- Taping techniques
- Concussion evaluation (Initial visit must be within 24-48 hours of injury)
- Functional Movement Screen – $75 A Functional Movement Screen (FMS) is an assessment tool consisting of fundamental movement patterns such as a squatting and lunging. These movements are designed to gain an understanding of an individual’s mobility, stability and strength. Results will be used to identify asymmetries, imbalances or weakness in movement patterns. Individuals will receive recommendations of corrective exercises and training techniques to help improve performance and reduce the risk of potential injury.
TRIA Physical Therapy and Education Center
3800 American Blvd W. Bloomington, MN 55431
Follow signs to the skyway level of the Bell Plaza ramp for direct access to TRIA Physical Therapy and Education Center. Free parking is available in the Bell Plaza ramp.
From the East: Take I-494 West to the France Avenue South exit. Turn left on France Avenue South and proceed to American Boulevard W. Turn left at the stoplight on American Boulevard W. Turn left on Northland Drive. Turn left at the first driveway, then take another immediate left into the Bell Plaza parking ramp. Park on the top floor of ramp for direct skyway access to TRIA Physical Therapy and Education Center.
From the West: Take I-494 East to the France Avenue South exit. Turn right on France Avenue South and proceed to American Boulevard W. Turn left at the stoplight on American Boulevard W. Turn left on Northland Drive. Turn left at the first driveway, then take another immediate left into the Bell Plaza parking ramp. Park on the top floor of ramp for direct skyway access to TRIA Physical Therapy and Education Center.