Posted Date: August 6th, 2019
The Occupational Therapist is responsible for assuring that the PNHS values of Head + Heart, Together, are achieved through daily departmental operations. This includes, but is not limited to, direct patient care, professional growth and development, outcome/competency monitoring, compliance with professional organizations, regulatory standards and regulatory agencies; and participating in process improvements to advance patient care outcomes and satisfaction.
The Rehabilitation Services Occupational Therapist will communicate timely, clearly and in a professional manner with staff, patients, patient family members, physicians and other internal/external customers. The staff member will demonstrate skills in listening, conflict management, system problem solving, decision-making and process improvement. Therapists will practice in compliance with professional standards and professional code of ethics.
Therapists in the development track will partner with their leader(s) to discuss ways in which the therapist can improve departmental performance through activities involving community events, presentations, and program/department improvement initiatives. The therapist will be given protected time to execute these activities.
Participates in basic department development expectations for three professional pursuits, which must be some combination of the following: community event related Park Nicollet, TRIA or clinical profession, a presentation and/or program, project or committee participation.
• Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Doctorate degree in Occupational Therapy
• Recommend experience as an Occupational Therapist preferably in a medical setting.
• Licensed with the Minnesota Department of Health.
• Recommend membership in related professional organization such as the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA), the Minnesota Occupational Therapy Association (MOTA), or the American Society of Hand Therapists (ASHT).
• Individuals are responsible for the travel arrangements required to meet the expectations of the position.
• The Certified –Development positions require national certification in specialty area by professional organization.
Union Name: Non-Union
Job Code: PN2DD
Job Number: 51454
Status: Per Diem
Work Schedule: Days, evenings, weekends
Site: TRIA Woodbury
Hours/Pay Period: Per Diem
Benefit Eligible: No