What is durable medical equipment (DME)?
Durable medical equipment is any equipment that provides benefits to a patient in need because of certain medical conditions or illnesses. DME consists of items which:
- Are primarily and customarily used to serve a medial purpose
- Are not useful to a person in the absence of illness or injury
- Are ordered or prescribed by a physician
- Are reusable
- Can stand repeated use
- Are appropriate for use in the home
DME at TRIA
DME is provided at TRIA by Park Nicollet Health Products. Our fitters are available Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. to assist you with fittings. Rentals available at TRIA include:
- Knee caddies (scooters)
- Game Readies
Durable medical equipment may be covered when the following criteria are met:
- The equipment provides therapeutic benefit to a patient in need because of a certain medical condition or illness
- The DME is prescribed by a licensed provider
For questions about durable medical equipment, call 952-831-8742.