Graduate Student and Post-Professional
If you are a medical professional or a graduate student required to complete observation hours as part of your course work, contact our observation program at email@example.com or 952-806-5603 to speak with one of our education coordinators.
At this time, TRIA does not offer any multiple day/week/month internship opportunities.
A Day in the Life of an Orthopaedic Specialist
2021 Virtual Program – August 18, 2021
Thank you for your patience while our program was on hold. We have exciting news to share that we are offering a virtual course next month!
The virtual information session will provide you with information about the specialties listed below. We will also touch on other topics, including schooling/program requirements, getting into practice/the work force, and what a typical day is like for an orthopedic specialist. During the TRIA experience, you will hear about our philosophy on patient centered care, learn about a few of our unique programs, and view a previously recorded ACL reconstruction.
- Gain a general introduction to TRIA and the orthopedic profession.
- Become acquainted with the specific roles of different orthopedic specialists, allowing for future opportunities to directly observe a specialist in a clinical or ambulatory environment.
- Obtain a clear understanding of the requirements and education needed to pursue a career in various orthopedic careers.
- Introduction to available resources and how to utilize them.
Primary areas of focus include
- Physical Therapy
- Nurse Practitioner
- Medical School, Residency, Fellowship
- Athletic Training
- Surgical Observation
Additionally, we may touch on the following topics*
- Occupational Therapy
- Radiology Technologists
- Surgical Technician
*Topics are subject to change
Observation After the Program
This course is required prior to an observation opportunity.
PLEASE NOTE: Observations are currently not allowed following our organization guidelines due to COVID-19 exposure risk. We will contact you should this change.
There is no charge to attend this course.
Please note our registration process requires obtaining parent/guardian approval prior to signing up for the program. Entering your parent/guardian contact number confirms you have received their approval to attend the course.
- You must be 16 or older.
- You must attend this program before you can observe at TRIA.
- If you intend to schedule an observation; TRIA requires a copy of your immunization record; including MMR and Hepatitis B. (copy to be retained by TRIA)