Graduate Student and Post-Professional
If you are a medical professional or a graduate student required to complete observation hours as part of your course work, contact our observation program at email@example.com or 952-806-5603 to speak with one of our education coordinators.
At this time, TRIA does not offer any multiple day/week/month internship opportunities.
A Day in the Life of an Orthopaedic Specialist
2021 Virtual Program – October 21, 2021
Thank you for your patience while our program was on hold. We hope to have you join us for our virtual course next month!
The virtual information session will provide you with information about the specialties listed below. We will also touch on other topics, including schooling/program requirements, getting into practice/the work force, and what a typical day is like for an orthopedic specialist. During the TRIA experience, you will hear about our philosophy on patient centered care, learn about a few of our unique programs, and view a previously recorded ACL reconstruction.
- Gain a general introduction to TRIA and the orthopedic profession.
- Become acquainted with the specific roles of different orthopedic specialists, allowing for future opportunities to directly observe a specialist in a clinical or ambulatory environment.
- Obtain a clear understanding of the requirements and education needed to pursue a career in various orthopedic careers.
- Introduction to available resources and how to utilize them.
Primary areas of focus include
- Physical Therapy
- Nurse Practitioner
- Medical School, Residency, Fellowship
- Athletic Training
- Surgical Observation
Additionally, we may touch on the following topics*
- Occupational Therapy
- Radiology Technologists
- Surgical Technician
*Topics are subject to change
Observation After the Program
This course is required prior to an observation opportunity.
PLEASE NOTE: Observations are currently not allowed following our organization guidelines due to COVID-19 exposure risk. We will contact you should this change.
There is no charge to attend this course.
Please note our registration process requires obtaining parent/guardian approval prior to signing up for the program. Entering your parent/guardian contact number confirms you have received their approval to attend the course.
- You must be 16 or older.
- You must attend this program before you can observe at TRIA.
- If you intend to schedule an observation; TRIA requires a copy of your immunization record; including MMR and Hepatitis B. (copy to be retained by TRIA)