Graduate Student and Post-Professional
If you are a medical professional or a graduate student required to complete observation hours as part of your course work, contact our observation program at email@example.com or 952-806-5603 to speak with one of our education coordinators.
At this time, TRIA does not offer any multiple day/week/month internship opportunities.
A Day in the Life of an Orthopaedic Specialist
This classroom course is a prerequisite to scheduling an observation at TRIA. It will provide you with information about all the specialties listed below. We will also touch on other topics, including schooling/program requirements, getting into practice/the work force, and what a typical day is like for an orthopedic specialist. During the TRIA experience, you will hear about our philosophy on patient centered care, learn about a few of our unique programs, and view a previously recorded ACL reconstruction. Our education coordinator will work with you to schedule ONE four hour observation to occur within 60 days of the program.
- Gain a general introduction to TRIA and the orthopedic profession.
- Become acquainted with the specific roles of different orthopedic specialists, allowing for future opportunities to directly observe a specialist in a clinical or ambulatory environment.
- Obtain a clear understanding of the requirements and education needed to pursue a career in various orthopedic careers.
- Introduction to available resources and how to utilize them.
Primary areas of focus include
- Physical Therapy
- Physician Assistant
- Orthopedic Physician
- Medical School, Residency, Fellowship
- Athletic Training
- Surgical Observation
Additionally, we may touch on the following topics
- Occupational Therapy
- Radiology Technologists
- Surgical Technician
*Topics are subject to change
Observation After the Program
After attending this course, you will be allowed ONE four hour observation in an orthopedic specialty of your choice. The observation must be completed within 60 days of the program you attend.
An evaluation request will be emailed to you and must be completed within one week. Our Education Coordinator will contact you to either confirm an observation or work with you to find an available date/time.
There is no charge to attend this course.
- 2019 Programs will run 9am – 11:50am, with registration beginning at 8:45am.
- January 7th, 2019
- March 19th, 2019
- May 22nd, 2019
- July 18th, 2019 – Registration closed – Course is full
- October 14th, 2019 – Registration open
- You must be 16 or older.
- You must attend this program before you can observe at TRIA.
- If you intend to schedule an observation; TRIA requires a copy of your immunization record; including MMR and Hepatitis B. (copy to be retained by TRIA).