TRIA Bloomington offers living well consults as part of the integrative medicine program. Consults are ideal for patients with chronic pain, anxiety, stress or recovering from an injury or surgery. Also anyone interested in stress management or increasing their sense of well-being.
The living well consult may include:
- Educational on nutrition for anti-inflammation and healing.
- Guidance on appropriate therapeutic yoga postures, including restorative and Somatic work.
- Breadth work to enhance relaxation response.
- Instructions and support to create a meditation practice.
- Use guided imagery, healing touch, and positive affirmations for inner healing.
- Education on nervous system and pain response.
- Discussion of other integrative modalities such as massage therapy, acupuncture and biofeedback.
TRIA physician assistant, Sarah Martin, conducts living well consults. Martin is also a certified yoga therapist.
“Living well consults are valuable because they acknowledge the power of intention and the connection of the mind, body, and spirit in healing and wellness,” said Martin. “Through education, yoga, breath work, mindfulness and sustainable lifestyle changes these visits provide techniques and tools to empower finding and maintaining balance in our inner and outer world.”
For more information or to schedule an appointment in Bloomington, call 952-831-8742.
Living well consults team