Women’s Sports Medicine at TRIA Woodbury has brought together experts that can care for and are involved in research specific to active and athletic women of ages and abilities – from recreational exercise to competitive athletes. We offer innovative orthopedic and sports medicine care, injury prevention, intervention strategies and surgery geared toward active females and athletes.
Schedule an appointment
For more information about Women’s Sports Medicine at TRIA or to schedule an appointment, call 952-831-8742.
Specialized and Coordinated Care for Women
While most injuries are related to the demands of the physical activity, rather than the sex of the individual, some injuries are more common in women. Common injuries for women in sports often include ACL tears, kneecap pain and instability and stress fractures. Two main concerns for active women also include how to maintain bone health and how to properly fuel the body to sustain a healthy weight. That’s why we have bone health specialists and a sports-trained registered dietitian available at TRIA Woodbury to allow for easy coordination of care.
Women’s Sports Medicine at TRIA is developed around a navigator model of care. This means an athletic trainer, certified medical assistant or nurse will be there to help guide you through your entire process of care. Your navigator will also educate you about your condition and create an individualized treatment plan catered to your goals.
Team of Experts
Our providers have extensive experience in evaluating and treating active women with conditions related to bones, joints and muscles. Our team is made up of surgical and non-surgical physicians, physician assistants, occupational therapists and registered dietitians.
Women’s Sports Medicine Location
TRIA Orthopaedic Center
155 Radio Drive
Woodbury, MN 55125
Women’s Sports Medicine Services
- Injury prevention
- Orthopedic and sports medicine care
- Sports-trained registered dietitian
- Surgery geared toward female athletes
Other Related Programs
- Patellofemoral Program
- Running Program
- Sport Concussion Program
- TRIA L.E.A.P. (Lower Extremity Agility Program)
- TRIA Play Strong
- US. Cross-Country Ski Team – Heather Cichanowski, MD, CAQ
- University of Minnesota Women’s Basketball & Volleyball – Elizabeth Arendt, MD
- S. Figure Skating and USA Gymnastics – Robyn Knutson-Bueling, MD, CAQ, MS
- Circus Juventas – Ashley TeKippe, MD
In the News
- KARE 11: Doctor sees concussion increase in female athletes
- JimBob Sports Jamboree: Uniqueness of TRIA’s Women Sports Medicine program (clip starts at 32:10)