If you’re an active woman, you know how important it is to keep your muscles and bones healthy. But did you know that female athletes are more susceptible to certain sports injuries, like torn ACLs (anterior cruciate ligament) and stress fractures?
Women’s Sports Medicine at TRIA Woodbury brings together experts who treat active and athletic women of all ages and ability. Whether you’re a casual runner or a competitive triathlete, our specialists offer innovative, personalized care.
Join us on April 27 from 8 am – 1 pm to learn the latest on strength and recovery tips from our experts. Register today!
Care designed for female athletes
Most sports injuries aren’t related to gender. But there are some conditions that women are more likely to encounter. Our sports medicine physicians and physical therapists are experts in helping women stay at peak performance and manage injuries such as:
- ACL tears
- Kneecap pain and instability
- Stress fractures
- Maintaining bone health
- Keeping a healthy weight
- Concerns related to the female athlete triad
One team of experts for all your needs
Our women’s sports medicine team includes sports medicine physicians, orthopedic surgeons, physical therapists and athletic trainers. They have extensive experience caring for active women with conditions related to bones, joints and muscles.
We take a holistic approach to health and athletic performance. That’s why you can see a bone health specialist and a sports-trained registered dietitian right at TRIA Woodbury. And, as part of our navigator model of care, a navigator will walk you thought your entire visit. The navigator will make sure you understand your condition and the treatment plan tailored to your goals.
Women’s Sports Medicine Location
TRIA Orthopaedic Center
155 Radio Drive
Woodbury, MN 55125
Women’s Sports Medicine Services
- Injury prevention
- Orthopedic and sports medicine care
- Sports-trained registered dietitian
- Surgery geared toward female athletes
Other Related Programs
- Patellofemoral Program
- Running Program
- Sport Concussion Program
- TRIA L.E.A.P. (Lower Extremity Agility Program)
- TRIA Play Strong
- US. Cross-Country Ski Team – Heather Cichanowski, MD, CAQ
- University of Minnesota Women’s Basketball & Volleyball – Elizabeth Arendt, MD
- S. Figure Skating and USA Gymnastics – Robyn Knutson-Bueling, MD, CAQ, MS
- Circus Juventas – Ashley TeKippe, MD
In the News
- KARE 11: Doctor sees concussion increase in female athletes
- JimBob Sports Jamboree: Uniqueness of TRIA’s Women Sports Medicine program (clip starts at 32:10)
- KSTC45-TV: Caitlin Chambers, MD, discusses common hip injuries experienced by hockey players