Amy Hamilton, MA, LAT, ATC
Sports Medicine Program Manager
TRIA Orthopedic Center Bloomington
Being an Athletic Trainer (AT) fulfills my passion for helping people reach their specific athletic goals and live full, active lives. I enjoy working with patients and athletes on ways to improve their performance and prevent injury. To be there if an injury does occur, ensuring they receive appropriate immediate care, as well as to work with them through their rehabilitation, guiding them as they return to what they most love to do is incredibly rewarding. At TRIA my role actively promotes the full sports medicine team which includes many different health care specialists. We work hard to bring the expertise from our clinics out into the community. I am able to help implement and show the value of having an AT on our team and yours!
- Bachelor of Science in Athletic Training, Exercise Science, Minnesota State University Mankato
- Masters in Sports Administration, University of Northern Colorado
- Board of Certification, Certified Athletic Trainer
- Minnesota Board of Medical Practice, Licensed Athletic Trainer
- Minnesota Athletic Trainers’ Association (MATA), Chair, MATA Governmental Affairs Committee, Past President & President-Elect, Past Secretary
- National Athletic Trainers’ Association (NATA)
- Great Lakes Athletic Trainers’ Association (GLATA) - Minnesota Representative to the GLATA Governmental Affairs Committee
Honors & Awards
- NATA – Athletic Trainer Service Award, 2019
- GLATA – Dedicated Service Award, 2019
- MATA – Athletic Trainer Service Award, 2016
- Bloomington Athletic Association (BAA) – Sam Hanson Award, 2014
- In my free time I enjoy leading mission trips to Haiti, travel, spending time outdoors (preferably in the mountains of Wyoming), golf, being a sports fan (especially hockey, baseball and football), picking for antiques & treasures to be upcycled, time with family and friends, (especially my 5 nieces and 3 nephews).
Share your experience, provide feedback, positive or negative, on the service you received.