Anne Trujillo, MSN, CNP
I‘ve dedicated my career as an advanced practice nurse to caring for patients suffering from pain. Completing an honors independent study of cancer pain management in nursing school sparked my interest. I was struck by the impact untreated pain had on patients’ emotional and physical health and gained insight around acute pain while working as ICU nurse. I received a Master’s degree from Drake University and ARNP license, chose to specialize in pain management and began working in a multidisciplinary pain clinic. Caring for people with pain, I developed a care philosophy emphasizing listening, compassion, shared decision making and trust. My goal is to educate patients about choices, set realistic goals, remove potential barriers and guide them to make well informed decisions.
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA
- Masters of Science in Nursing, Drake University, Des Moines, IA
- Family Nurse Practitioner Certification
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- While away from work, I can often be found running around the chain of lakes in Minneapolis or biking along the Mississippi River. My greatest joy comes from spending time with my husband and two school- aged daughters. We enjoy the adventure of traveling to tropical destinations as well as the comfort of take-out dinners in front of a movie.