Christina Ward , MD
Orthopedic Surgeon - Hand
TRIA Orthopedic Center Woodbury
I treat hand and wrist problems from common (carpal tunnel syndrome) to complex (wrist fractures and dislocations), but have a special interest in hand and wrist trauma including distal radius fractures, intercarpal injuries and distal radial-ulnar joint problems. I like the intricate anatomy of the hand and enjoy treating a variety of conditions. I work with our wonderful team of nurses, physician assistants, surgeons and hand therapists to improve hand care for all patients. Hand surgery research is an important part of my practice; I have published research in scientific journals, presented at conferences, and also serve as director Healthpartners Hand Surgery Fellowship that provides an additional year of specialized hand surgery training for two surgeons every year.
- Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, IA
- Hand Surgery, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, IA
- Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO
- Bachelor of Arts, Grinnell College, Grinnell, IA
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Board of Surgery-Surgery of the Hand
- Fellowship Director, HealthPartners Foundation Hand Surgery Fellowship
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand
- American Association for Hand Surgery
- American Orthopaedic Association
Honors & Awards
- HealthPartners Partners in Excellence Innovation Award for "Wide Awake Carpal Tunnel Release Surgery in Clinic", 2015
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons Leadership Program Fellow, 2014
- HealthPartners Foundation Hand Fellowship Teacher of the Year, 2013
- Minnesota Monthly Magazine "Top Doctors" (2017-2018)
- In my free time, I enjoy swimming and playing with my kids.
PublicationsView Publications (1)
View Publications (2)
Share your experience, provide feedback, positive or negative, on the service you received.