David Beard, MD
Orthopedic Surgeon - Elbow, Hand & Wrist
I am a board certified orthopedic surgeon with sub-specialty certification in all aspects of hand, wrist, forearm, elbow and upper extremity patient care and surgery. The vast majority of my practice involves taking care of individuals with hand, wrist, forearm, elbow and upper extremity problems. I work with all types of patients: young/old, and active/inactive to name a few. I will work with you to feel better and improve your function. We will focus on non-operative options, and proceed with surgery if we decide that it is an option. In addition, I also care for individuals with orthopedic problems while on call. I enjoy all aspects of orthopedic surgery and working with patients to improve their health.
- Orthopedic Surgery; University of Vermont Department of Orthopedics and Rehabilitation, Burlington, VT
- General Surgery Internship - University of Vermont Department of Orthopedics and Rehabilitation, Burlington, VT
- Hand and Upper Extremity; Washington University-St Louis/Barnes Jewish-Christian Hospital, St. Louis, MO
- University of Iowa College of Medicine, Iowa City, IA
- Bachelor of Arts in Biology and Religion, St. Olaf College, Northfield, MN
- Board Certification American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Subspecialty Certification in Hand Surgery
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- Christian Medical and Dental Society
- North Dakota Medical Association
- In my free time I enjoy spending time with my family, playing golf, learning about other cultures, and studying world history.