Erica Gauger, MD
Orthopedic Surgeon - Hand
TRIA Orthopedic Center Woodbury
I chose to specialize in hand and upper extremity surgery because I enjoy treating a wide variety of patient conditions, from fractures and tendon lacerations to chronic entities like arthritis and carpal tunnel syndrome. Our hands are an important part of how we interact with the world and I take great pleasure in helping to maximize my patients’ function while minimizing pain. I enjoy treating patients of all ages, from small children to the elderly. I believe it is important to look at each patient as an individual, since we all have different needs in relation to our work, hobbies or aspirations. I love being able to get to know my patients to understand what their interests and passions are. It is an honor to be able to help patients return to their desired activities after an injury.
- Orthopedic Surgery, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, MN
- Hand & Upper Extremity Surgery Fellowship, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM
- University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, MN
- Bachelors of Science in Psychology, Illinois Wesleyan University, Bloomington, IL
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery - Board Eligible
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand, Candidate Member
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society
Honors & Awards
- Alpha Omega Alpha Inductee
- Minnesota Monthly Magazine "Top Doctors" (2020)
- Mpls St. Paul Magazine "Top Doctors" (2020)
- When I’m not working I enjoy exercising, reading novels, catching up on good movies, and spending time with my husband. In the summertime, weekends at the cabin are always a favorite destination!
Share your experience, provide feedback, positive or negative, on the service you received.