Katharine Pico, MD
Orthopedic Surgeon - Hand
TRIA Orthopedic Center Woodbury
There is a saying that the hands are the eyes of the soul. They can provide comfort. They allow us to interact with our world and the people in it. If an injury or a disease has caused dysfunction of the hands, it can be very disabling. I enjoy helping people regain use of their hands whether it is through watchful waiting, therapy, bracing, injections, medications or surgery. I see people of all ages and with a variety of conditions, including carpal tunnel syndrome, masses in the hands, fractures of the hand or wrist, arthritis, nerve problems of the upper extremity, Dupuytrens's contracture and trigger fingers. I see my role not only as a hand surgeon but also as a patient educator.
- Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN
- Hand Surgery, HealthPartners Institute for Education and Research-Regions Hospital, St. Paul, MN
- Creighton University School of Medicine, Omaha, NE
- Bachelor of Science, Boston College, Chestnut Hill, MA
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Member of OR sub-committee for Patient Health and Experience
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand
- Alpha Omega Alpha
- American Academy of Orthopadeic Surgeons
Honors & Awards
- Gold Humanism Award
- Minnesota Monthly Magazine "Top Doctors" (2017-2018, 2020)
- Mpls St. Paul Magazine "Top Doctors" (2020)
- Being born and raised in Minnesota, I enjoy lake time and family bike rides along the Mississippi with my husband and our three children.
Share your experience, provide feedback, positive or negative, on the service you received.