Terri Chmielewski, PT, MPT, PhD.
Physical Therapist/Research Scientist
TRIA Orthopedic Center Bloomington
I enjoy helping people improve their functional level and figuring out how to do that for each person. I am fortunate to participate in rehabilitation research and then use the information in clinical practice.
- Sports Physical Therapy, HealthSouth Sports Medicine & Rehabilitation, Birmingham, AL
- Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences, College of St. Scholastica, Duluth, MN
- Masters in Physical Therapy, College of St. Scholastica, Duluth, MN
- PhD in Biomechanics & Movement Sciences, University of Delaware, Newark, DE
- Board Certified Clinical Specialist, Sports Physical Therapy
- Sports Certified Specialist
- Member, Board of Directors, Journal of Orthopaedic and Sports Physical Therapy
- Member, Knee Outcomes Workgroup, Orthopaedic Section APTA
- Adjunct Associate Professor, University of Florida
- American Physical Therapy Association, including the Orthopaedic and Sports Physical Therapy Sections
Honors & Awards
- NCAA Research Award, American Medical Society for Sports Medicine conference (senior author) (2013)
- Kenneth L. Knight Award for Outstanding Research Manuscript, Journal of Athletic Training (co-author) (2012)
- Excellence in Research Award, Sports Section, American Physical Therapy Association (senior author) (2011)
- Excellence in Education, Sports Section, American Physical Therapy Association (2010)
- Young Investigator, AOSSM/NIH Post-joint Injury Osteoarthritis II Conference (2010)
- James A. Gould Excellence in Teaching Orthopaedic Physical Therapy, Orthopaedic Section, American Physical Therapy Association (2008)
- Excellence in Research Award, Sports Section, American Physical Therapy Association (senior author) (2008)
- Alumni of the Month, College of St. Scholastica (2004)
- Young Investigator, US Bone and Joint Decade Young Investigators Initiative (2003)
- Promotion of Doctoral Studies, PODS II scholarship, American Physical Therapy Association (2001)
- I enjoy spending time with my family and friends, cooking, doing crafts, being active, and exploring new places.
Share your experience, provide feedback, positive or negative, on the service you received.