Timothy Gabrielson, MD
Maple Grove - TRIA / St. Louis Park - Park Nicollet
My main interest in Orthopedic Surgery is helping each individual patient obtain the pain relief they are seeking so they may return to the activities they enjoy doing and activities they need to do. Whether that's an athlete competing at the highest levels or a senior citizen who's in too much pain to walk, my approach is the same. If at all possible, non-surgical treatments are commonly tried first. If these measures prove unsuccessful, there are many surgical options and techniques that can be utilized to help you reach your goals. The techniques that I most commonly use include knee and hip replacements, minimally invasive knee replacements, revision of knee, revision-total-hip-replacement, partial knee replacement and arthoscopic knee procedures.
- Orthopedic Surgery, Mayo Clinic Graduate School of Medicine, Rochester, MN
- University of North Dakota, Grand Forks, ND
- Bachelor of Arts, Concordia College, Moorhead, MN
- Board Certified by American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society
- I was born in North Dakota, and spent the majority of my childhood there and Northern Minnesota. I grew up in Grand Forks and consider that my home town. My early years were spent following my father everywhere while he coached almost every sport at one time or another. He taught me how to tape ankles at a very early age, and I think triggered my interest in Orthopedics. My mother is and was always very active in the church and community service activities. I believe she instilled in me a responsibility to try to do something that might benefit others rather than just myself. The combination of these led me toward medicine and Orthopedics. After finishing high school, I attended Concordia College in Moorhead Minnesota and Medical School at the University of North Dakota, before pursuing my Orthopedic Surgery Residency at Mayo Clinic in Rochester Minnesota. In my spare time I enjoy spending time with my wife and two children. I also enjoy golfing, woodworking, and the North woods of Minnesota.
Share your experience, provide feedback, positive or negative, on the service you received.