What is aquatic therapy?
Aquatic Therapy uses water’s natural therapeutic properties; buoyancy, resistance and warmth, to create a gentler environment for exercise. Patients of any age or condition can benefit from exercise in the water. It can be used independently or in conjunction with a land therapy based program. Patient are typically seen for six to eight visits in the water. Our goal is to help establish a beneficial independent program to be continued following the completion of the sessions.
An initial assessment at TRIA is done prior to your first session to determine if aquatic therapy is the right choice for you. For more information or to schedule an appointment call 952-806-5616
Aquatic Therapy Benefits
- One-on-one care from a licensed physical therapist in the water
- Gently builds strength and muscle tone
- Increases blood circulation
- Improves range of motion
- Decreases joint stress
- Reduces pain
- Minimizes swelling
- Delivers better joint position awareness
- Develops core strength
Hydroworx Pool at TRIA Woodbury
- Hydroworx Pool uses underwater treadmills and video motion capture
- Bromine pool, not chlorine, with the depths of 3’8″ to 4’6″.
Appointment Day Expectations
- Arrive at the pool 15 minutes prior to your appointment in order to change; changing facilities available at the pool
- Appointment length: approx. 45 minutes
- Pool depth: three to five feet
- Pool temperature: 90° F
- No need to be able to swim, but comfort in and near water is a must.
What to bring to the pool
- Bathing suit or any non-white gym shorts and T-shirt
- Dry clothes for after your session
- Optional: non-slip water shoes
The Hilton Minneapolis/Bloomington
3900 American Blvd. West Bloomington, MN 55437 (Across from TRIA Orthopaedic Center on I-494 & France Ave.)
For detailed directions call the Hilton hotel at 952-893-9500.
155 Radio Drive
Woodbury, MN 55125
For directions or additional information call 952-977-4401.
Bloomington Aquatic Therapy Team