The cycling program at TRIA is designed to assist recreational and competitive cyclists in managing their current injuries and preventing future injuries.
This program is ideal for:
- Riders returning to cycling post-operatively who want to prevent pain upon resuming previous levels of cycling
- Riders who have failed to resolve pain with other fittings
- Interview on injury history and training regimen
- Physical examination
- Video analysis of cycling
- Onsite adjustments to rider’s bike and/or cleat system
- Proprioceptive and strength exercises
- Soft tissue and joint mobilization techniques
- Cycling-specific neuromuscular education
- Training strategies to reduce or eliminate pain
Two part cycling analysis
Physical therapists who specialize in cycling will examine your entire body’s structure and movement patterns, and then analyze how these may affect cycling mechanics and lead to poor performance and/or injury. To allow adequate time for both aspects of the evaluation, this will occur in two visits. Your first visit will be an in-depth injury evaluation without your bike. The findings from this visit will be incorporated into your bike fitting during the second appointment. For more information or to schedule a cycling evaluation, call 952-806-5616.